A downloadable game
This project was based on The Weekly Coder's Tetris Clone Tutorial (link at the end of this description). However, it differs by a few refactorings, including:
- Edge case transform compensation to fix a bug where pieces would end up inside walls.
- Reduced method redundancy in regards to score increase and position checks
- Improved Single Responsibility Principle in the piece's update method
- Decoupled player inputs into a separate component.
The source code can be provided upon request for educational purposes only.
Edit (5/9/2020): Version 1.03, fixes and improvements:
- Improved visibility of instructions and quadrominos.
- Added "continue to game" description to pause menu.
- Fixed pause menu scaling.
- Fixed a bug where the player would lose before actually reaching the top row where quadrominos spawn.
- Added or edited misc. build assets i.e. game icon, splash screen.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.